Well we made it all through January and a project was posted every single day. Once or twice they were posted at 10pm at night, but they made it in that 24 hour window. Something that deep down I was not expecting 🙂 Let’s see if we get through February 🙂
I also discovered this month while posting these (and breaking my inventory and shopping list database) that this project is also helping me to:
- correctly inventory my stash
- physically organise my stash
- prioritize my stitching queue
- review my wips and kitted up items
- declutter the items that I’ve grown apart from
- refine my spending habits
- rewrite my wish lists in order of my stitching queue
I’m a very slow on my posting out as I’ve been in too much ill-health to leave the house lately, but as a result of the Project-a-day, I have packaged up ready to go to the Post Office:
- Generations: The Locket – to Theresa
- Baroque Angel – to Anna
- Two Mirabilia Queens – to Laura (promised how long ago?)
- New York – to Chele (promised while I was stitching it)
- a packet of Tim Tams – to Tina (for finding a discontinued thread for Aurora Polaris)
- a packet of Tim Tams – to Laura (for loads of blog comments on a day I needed cheering up
This is on top of the mailing that went out earlier in the month:
January Review of Decisions:
Gilt Star really isn’t going to rise high enough in my priority list to stitch. Even when typing up the listing on the day, I was in two minds whether to keep it or offer it out. I discussed the series of Celtic Gilt Pillows with mum that night. I have other Landmark charts in my stash that I would rather stitch first. The result is that one chart went into mum’s stash, one chart I dithered over and wanted to put back into my stash for a decision to be made next time it is randomly chosen, so it and the two others (including Gilt Star) have been wrapped as a present and will be sent as a RAK next time I go to the Post Office.
Puzzle. I’ve mulled over this one since I first posted it (and actually studied the chart directions and details for the first time). I agree with the commenters that this design will not achieve the illusion I thought it would. Couple that with the poor directions and my Swiss Cheese brain, and I wanted to throw this one back into stash and think on it next time it is randomly chosen. Again, if I’m thinking like that, then this chart is not for me. As can be seen this month, I have more than enough charts that happily satisfy my stitching needs without agonising over a chart that maybe will or maybe wont do what I want, so I’m releasing this one. Free to good home. Visit the Puzzle page for the next week to comment if you love this chart.
Mar Bek charts. Rather than waiting for these to come out one at a time, I’m going to go through all of my Mar Bek charts tonight with mum and put up a list tomorrow of all the items that no longer call to me. Not sure how many there will be, but as I first mentioned them on via this blog, I will offer the rest of them out to people via this blog. Check back tomorrow for details.
The Stitching Wish Lists are in a state of flux at the moment since I broke my inventory and shopping database and am slowly recreating them via the Project-a-Day. The Wish Lists on the Multiply Blog are accurate. Items are being removed as they are being added to the WishLists on this blog above or they are no longer needed. New items are NOT being added to the Multiply pages.
As charts are being RAKed to me, or as they come up in the Project-A-Day, I am adding their details to my new improved database and to the Wish Lists in the drop down menus on this blog. I hope by the end of the year, to be using these Wish Lists exclusively and to have closed down the Multiply Lists. As can be seen I’m a little behind at present ….