Tea Sampler by Always Time to Stitch.
Started 7 July 2011 – finished 26 July 2011
Used recommended fabric and threads:
Fabric: 32ct Wichelt Jobelan “Chai Tea”
Gentle Art threads: Copper, Gingersnap, Cinnamon and Liberty
DMC threads: 930 and 3777
Incorporates: Counted cross stitch, 1 over 1 petite stitch, French Knots, backstitch, blackwork. Tall Crossed Cross, Satin stitches and Algerian Eyelets.
The recently arrived thought-it-was-lost-in-the-international-mail parcel contained (among other goodies) the fabric and last remaining threads required for this design so I thought it would be a nice small piece for me to stitch up quickly before returning to some of my other ongoing pieces.
The fact that it took most of the month to stitch up, says far more about my month than it says about the chart. This was a gorgeous little piece to stitch, unfortunately most of the month I just didn’t have the piece of mind to stitch it. I will frame this piece soon and hang it in the kitchen. When I see it hanging there, I will be reminded:
- Of my friend Jennifer Hilson who died last weekend of a brain tumour
- Of the Stitch Specialists group who convinced me to stitch the French Knots instead of just using beads
- That stitching with a migraine is bad idea
- That smacking your temple really hard against the corner of a cupboard is a really really bad idea
- That two really bad types of head pain can exist simultaneously – they don’t miraculously cancel each other out!
- Don’t believe anything your brain says when you’re in that much pain – trying to do one over one work on 32 count when blinded with pain is NOT a good idea no matter how much your brain tries to convince you otherwise
- No matter how bad the week is, someone is having a worse one
- No matter how bad the situation looks or feels, just sit down and have a cup of tea; you will feel better.
I emailed Jennifer Rodriguez of Always Time to Stitch about a small issue I had with the chart and she was very prompt and friendly with her reply. She also says she has been on a sort of hiatus from producing leaflets the last few years. She says “Instead I have been selling my designs directly to publishers. I actually have 2 designs in the current Crafts n Things issue and I will be in the Sept/Oct issue of Cross Stitch & Needlework”
I think I’d better keep an eye on those magazines! I am hoping she will produce a one stop list of all of her charts for those if us that love her work.